System advantages and application fields
- High solid-liquid separation efficiency
- Simplicity of installation and operation
- Compact execution
- Low first costs and plant management costs
- Possibility of gravity feed
- Minimum maintenance
Application fields - flowpack
- Upgrading of existing biological clarifiers: the biological waste water treatment plants which need upgrading after a certain time are ever more frequent. The settling is the phase which mostly displays this need and is also the one which requires the biggest layout. flowpack lamellar packs with containment frame were developed to meet these needs. They permit rapid installation inside existing sedimentation tanks, increasing their useful surface without major modification to the structure of the clarifier itself. The same type of lamellar packs have also been employed in newly built concrete tanks. Thanks to their special structure, their application allows to obtain large settling surfaces in small layouts.
- Settling of physical-chemical sludges: the process water of production companies is identifiable by the features it can acquire according to the type of production and of the use made of the water in the production cycle. The treatment of this water is effected by means of dosage of chemicals, which differ according to the substances to be removed. The sludges produced by chemical treatment are readily removed by settling with flowpack lamellar pack clarifiers. In the single-piece version they allow: easiness of shipment and installation; extremely small layout; high settling surface( ˜ 20 m2/m3); modularity; low energy consumption. The various construction materials permit optimal adaptation to the effluent features. The simplicity of operation and limited maintenance requirements have simplified the plant management operations with notable economic advantages for the end-user.
- Biological sludge settling: in small biological waste water treatment plants the flowpack single-piece lamellar settler has been installed instead of traditional settling systems. In fact the single-piece version does not require any civil engineering structure so it permits rapid installation and equally rapid start-up. The lamellar pack was specially designed taking the sludge type into consideration in order to prevent any risks of blockage. Other advantages which have favoured the inclination to use flowpack: system modularity; reduced layout; easiness of plant management and operation.
- Precipitation of metal hydrates: one of the most widespread industrial wastewater treatment processes has the purpose of removing metals. The separation of the metals happens by precipitation: by suitably increasing the pH of the effluent water one obtains the formation of metal hydrates, which separate from the water by precipitation. flowpack lamellar pack settlers have been employed to accelerate the phenomenon of metal hydrate separation as an alternative to the traditional settler systems, compared to which they have the advantage of guaranteeing smaller dimensions and rapidity of installation.
Application fields - oilpack
- Petroleum industry: an abundance of oils, phenols and hydrocarbons can be found in the water (both rain and washing) of refineries, fuel depots and petroleum industries in general. Such substances, if not removed, can inhibit the subsequent treatment stages. oilpack lamellar pack oil separators have been applied in this sector because they combine high oil removal efficiency with the features of simplicity and compactness. Used as pre-treatment upstream of biological treatment, such as for example the biorulli® system, they have permitted the removal of most of the non-emulsified oils, increasing the efficiency of the subsequent stages.
- Treatment of first fall rain water: in the last decade, in different ways and at different times, all countries have been providing themselves with legislation which imposes the treatment of first fall rain water. Owing to the continual increase in atmospheric pollution, the run-off water from roofs and courtyards are loaded with polluting substances, particulates, oils etc.. The oilpack lamellar pack oil separator is widely employed as pre-treatment of this water since it removes the traces of oils. oilpack has been chosen for the particular features of the application: it is an item of equipment which does not necessarily require continuous operation, hence it can be used only at the time of meteorological events. The provision for a storage and holding tank of suitable dimensions upstream, has reduced the sizing of oilpack to the minimum indispensable, with a resultant saving on the first costs and on the layout.
- Oil separation for mechanical workshops: this is the sector in which the greatest number of oilpack installations have been made. The waste water coming from mechanical workshops are characterised by their high concentration of non-emulsified oils, which are to be considered pollutants: for this reason their removal is necessary before discharging of water into waterways. Moreover they reduce the efficiency of wastewater treatment significantly, above all biological treatment, because they coat the micro-organisms with a layer compromising their biological activity and even their survival. Thanks to the oilpack lamellar pack oil separator, oils are separated with great efficiency and water acquires features compatible with subsequent stages of treatment.