System advantages and application fields
- Patented (EMS) disc diffusers
- (EMR) tube diffusers of various lengths
- Membranes available in different materials
- High quality standards
- High oxygen transfer efficiency
- Availability of (patented) plastic material accessories for a simple installation
- Continuous or intermittent aeration: in spite of what happens with diffusion systems through "porous" materials clearly exposed to clogging phenomena in case of discontinuous functioning of the system, the envicon membrane diffuser, either the tube or the disc type, is particularly suitable for use in intermittent aeration systems. This is due to the self-cleaning micro holes caused by membrane deformation during the insufflation (opening of micro holes) and the release (closing of micro holes) phases. When the insufflation has stopped, the check valve from the central area of the membrane prevents water leakage in the distribution pipes.
- Aeration of the biological treatment of activated sludge: the activated sludge process is an aerobic process; the proper functioning of the air diffusion system inside the oxidation tank is therefore essential either for an even oxygen supply to the biomass or for an effective mix of water-mud aerated suspension. In this regard, the use of the envicon microbubble diffusers ensures the attainment of both goals, either in terms of oxygen supply uptake rate or even distribution of air.
- Aerobic digestion of biological sludge: the activated sludge system adopted in plants that range from 5.000 to 20.000 PE normally does not require the presence of primary sedimentation and generates an abundant formation of excess sludge highly putrescible, which if sent to the stabilization tank and are aeated for insufflation with the use of envicon microbubble tube diffusers, loose this feature. The stabilization tank provides the recycling of sludge from sedimentation sections, partly to the stabilization tank and partly to the oxidation tank, where the envicon microbubble diffusers find their natural place.