System advantages and application fields
- Durability and light weight
- Self-lubricating properties
- Minimum energy requirements
- Easy installation even in existing tanks (for replacement of obsolete or corroded systems)
- Telescopic shaft, extremely light support splines and collars lubricated by water; they do not require a crane for installation and they are corrosion resistant
- Scraper blades available in several models, for tanks up to 12 m wide with high sludge loads
- Primary and secondary settling tanks in biological treatment plants: in case longitudinal flow sedimentation tanks are provided for the primary and secondary settling inside the wastewater process, the use of plastic chain scrapers becomes very interesting. They carry out effectively the continuous transfer and accumulation of settleable solids and floating foams/oils in the areas of the tanks which can be easily removed for recycling or definite disposal.
- Clari-flocculation in rectangular tanks: in wastewater treatment plants, downstream of secondary treatments, a tertiary treatment is often requested and provided for the final stage with the aim to reduce the SST content and/or phosphorus residues. Appropriate chemical reagents are dosed with the clari-flocculation which combine solid suspended particles in larger sludge flakes. They are then separated in settling tanks that, if in rectangular sections, can be equipped with plastic chain scrapers that offer big advantages.
- Rectangular settling tanks with lamella packs technology: in new plants where available space is limited or existing plants with no additional usable space available, lamella packs for sedimentation are widely used because they offer effective treatments with reduced spaces. The rectangular settling tanks with lamella packs can be easily mechanized with plastic chain scrapers to facilitate and maximize efficiency of the steady removal of sludge deposited below the packs.
- Dissolved air flotation process (DAF system) in rectangular tanks: the dissolved air flotation for the separation of suspended solids contained in industrial waters or wastewater to be purified are always provided with equipment that remove the sludge mass accumulated on the surface of the water. Even for this application, in the case of site-built DAF rectangular tanks, the plastic scrapers can be used with excellent results particularly for medium-high capacity equipment.
- Sand trapping in rectangular tanks: sand trapping is a pre-treatment of wastewater sewage mix used for separating solids and heavy sands before subsequent treatment stages of a purification plant. The material deposited at the bottom of the sand trap must be handled and removed while the tank is full.MITA Biorulli offers a rectangular tank system based on the usage of chain scrapers with a few changes that take into account the weight and the abrasive power of the solid. This system permits to either move the sand at the bottom of the tank and to send it towards appropriate hoppers.